17 August 2013

My Hair Routine!

Hey there my fellow Explorers ;D

So I thought that just coz I would give you guys an insight into my hair routine! So I have very curly,thick hair so I found this cool way to do it through my friend...

Ok, thanks to one of my friends, Nigya, I discovered a good soap-free way of washing your hair. The two substances may sound weird but trust me, once you try it, you will never go back to shampoo and conditioner.

So. The 2 products in this are baking soda and vinegar(I use malt but you can use cider vinegar or white vinegar also). It sounds weird but it is such a good result.

So to do this, you mix equal amounts of baking soda to water, until a paste is formed, do this in a plastic container with a lid, so when you get in the shower no more water gets into it.

After this dilute the vinegar about 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. You can do this in the shower.

To use the baking soda paste, massage it into your roots and scalp and a small amount onto the ends. This exfoliates the scalp and helps remove dirt or loose hair. This is the equivalent to shampoo.

Rinse this out. (I usually rinse about half way out)

Then with the vinegar, add small amounts to the ends of your hair bit by bit. Also adding a tiny bit to your scalp. At this point your hair with actually start foaming as a reaction between the two but just rub this into your hair as well.

After leaving it in for about 2 to 5 minutes rinse thoroughly. (I rinse for about 5 minutes, as a precaution)

This is suitable for all hair types and if you have very curly hair, like me, your curls should be a lot more defined after using this.


Since starting this I have actually reduced the amount of times I wash my hair in a week and now try to aim for washing it every 4 to 5 days and the outcome is so much better and my hair is so much healthier since I started this.

Ok and if you are worried your hair does not smell after using this routine if you clean your hair out properly.

Tip: You can put an egg into your hair 10 minutes before showering and rinse it out at entrance for extra soft hair.


Thanks everyone!

Moya xxx

No comments: