26 August 2013

Ed Sheeran!

So I actually went to Ed Sheerans concert in Auckland earlier this year, I think it was March. I went with 3 of my friends and it was one of my favourite days of the year so far. We left Henderson transport centre at 6.45am, more than 12 hours before the concert was actually to begin, just so we could line up and hopefully get a good place inside the arena.

We arrived at the actual arena at around 8am after buying Subway for the day and we sat about 20 metres away from the door, suprised to find out people had camped out from the night before. I decided to take one picture every hour and here are a my photos from the day:

2 Hours In Line!

Me being very happy at 3 hour in line! We had just moved up
heaps!
Lolly scramble! I don't look very happy :L 4 hours
Ring Pops! At 5 hours :D Thanks ZM!
My saviour! Gave me something to read as well as fan
myself, it was hot :L 6 hours!

The line at 6 and a half hours! 

7 hours, we were standing up!





Us at the front of the line, just before the concert!

























So the whole day was pretty fun and I met some really awesome people in line! I think it was definately worth the wait and the concert was so good!
Passenger was the opening act (well one but I forgot the other ones name, I think it may have been Gabrielle Aplin or something like that) and he was so so so good and had the most AMAZING stage presents, he was one of the best opening acts I have ever experienced. He sung around 5 songs I guess, and also one duet with Ed during the concert they sung 'Hearts On Fire'and it was beautiful!

Ok, Ed was just AMAZING he is such an awesome person to see live and his stage presents and audience connection is just wonderful,he was great! He sung the majority of the songs off his album '+' and then a couple others like covers and stuff. At one point of the concert he was like a metre away from us and we all sort of died a bit :3 Also he walked of stage at one point, everyone thought the show was finished but everyone in the audience was screaming 'Encore' and what did we know, Ed came back and did about 4 more songs, ending with the 'You Need Me I Don't Need You' extended edition, so it was about 20 minutes long and we got to sing as the 'West Side Story' families, the right being the Sharks and the left being the Jets
it was great! WSS is one of my favourite musicals!

The most memorable part of the whole concert was at the beginning of one of his songs, I forgot which one :L, he asked the whole audience to be dead quiet and for about a minute, and he did, he got around 15,000 people to be dead quiet and it was serene, I had never experienced something like it before.

I would definately recommend going to see Ed Sheeran if you are even only slightly interested in his music, he is amazing live and I have no regrets going, except for my lost voice and sore feet after wards (as we were standing right infront of the stage).

Moya xxx

CONTACTS :3
Twitter- @MoyaTheExplorer
Email- moyabaker@gmail.com
Polyvore- moyatheexplorer

Heres some more pics:
Ed and opening act! Duet of Kiss Me, from his album +

Ed Ed Ed!

Ed and Passengers duet 'My Hearts On Fire'

Ed standing quite close!

About 10 minutes before the concert begun










1 comment:

Two Broke Teens said...

OMGGGG ED SHEERAN WOOOOOOO