30 July 2013

Movie Favourites!

Hi everyone!

So my music favourites went really well so I thought I would continue this trend and do my 15 top movies and films (I watch heaps so 10 wasn't enough). These are in no particular order

1. Mr. Nobody
This was one of the best films I ever watched and is sort of like Inception in a way. It is a Science-Drama Film that debuted in the 66th International Venice Film Festival where it won Golden Osella, which is really cool! It stars Jared Leto as the main character Nemo Nobody and if you like Alternative/Indie films this is definately one to watch!

 2. The Little Mermaid
So according to some of my family members I used to dress and be obsessed with Ariel and I still really love the movie today! It is a Disney classic and even though I love all Disney Classics I will put in the films I love the most! I love Sebastian!

3. Harry Potter Series
I cannot divide these apart at all and love each and everyone one of them just as much as the last! I grew up watching Harry Potter so to me it is definately a movie and do and will love for awhile! I also love this series so much I took the dignity of watching and learning word by word the Very Potter Musicals by Starkid!

4. Aladdin
Omg! I love Aladdin so much and is probably one of my favourite childhood movies! I named my kitten Jasmine in tribute to it! I remember as a child playing on our rug and pretending it was a magic carpet like Aladdin's!

5. Lord Of The Rings
As a New Zealander it may seem stereotypical that I like this series but it is honestly such a good production, Peter Jackson is actually one of my favourite movie directors. I love the plot line and characters in these film also the art and buildings its got in it (I have been to the gates of Hobbiton but never inside :((( ).

6. Avatar
Avatar is probably my favourite film,art wise, it is just spectacular, like its amazing! I love the whole story of it but I don't understand why are making more of them, because personally I think it ended really well. James Cameron is also just and amazing director and has done so many amazing films already! I am actually quite happy about there being more but personally don't think they need it.

7. Finding Nemo
So I love this movie so much and think it is absolutely adorable! I love the idea and plot of this movie and love that it is a Pixar Production! I am slightly concerned as to why there is going to be a second but it doesn't make me any less excited!

8. Breakfast Club
So this is probably one of my favourite films ever! It is just plain awesome and I could watch it over and over and over again and never get bored. I don't actually know how or why I watched this in the first place and I actually hated it at first but now I have no idea why but I love it heaps!

9. Requiem For A Dream 
I was recommended this movie by one of my friends and I was told it was graphic but awesome. And it was. This also stars Jared Leto *Yay!* and its about a group of drug addicts/dealers and the risks and complications of love, addiction and recovery. It R18 but I watched it at 15 and found it really graphic but it was such an amazing plot line and story.

10. Moulin Rouge! 
This is probably my favourite musical at the moment, it is so awesome! I watched this a few months ago now and absolutely fell in love with it to the point that I have now watched the original broadway show (or parts of it), the 50's film and the 2001 remake, all of which were so good!

11. Mean Girls
This comedy is probably one of the funniest things I have ever watched in my life and was absolutely brilliant! The quotes, acting and characters in this movie are amazing and I felt I have had so much insight after watching it :P Karen is just awesome!

12. Stay Alive
This is one of the best horror films I have ever watched and I found it had both psychological and jump scares which is exactly what I wanted out of a horror movie. Anyway it is about a video game where once you begin you can not finish until the game is finished and if you get killed in thegame that is how you'll die in real life.
13. Chicago
This is such and good musical and as one of the weirdest plot lines, for a musical itself but is really really awesome! I really liked this musical and was actually one of the first I had watched!

14. Madagascar
This is probably one of the funniest children's movies I have ever seen and actually has some really really funny adult humour within it, especially from King Julian. I love the art, the characters and just this movie overall.

15. Rocky Horror Picture Show
This is such and awesome musical and is weird and unexpected, which is intriguing and awesome! I have only seen this a few times but those times I have have been awesome. The songs are catchy, the characters creepy but brilliant and the plot line is confusing but intriguing. Overall this musical is amazing!

Hope you guys liked it and hopefully you like the same or some of the same movies as me! If you want comment/email and recommend movies I should watch, as I'm always open for suggestions!

Moya xx




No comments: